Now that Apple Card is available to all US customers who are approved, Apple published an article on how to properly maintain and clean your shiny new Titanium Apple Card.
On Tuesday, Apple published a Support Page document titled, “How to clean your Apple Card.” In this document, Apple provides unusual solutions on how to properly maintain and cleanse the card.
When Apple Card customers began receiving their physical cards, many noticed Apple Card features a white finish on-top the Titanium construction. Apple says the white finish is “achieved through a multi-layer coating process that’s added to the titanium base material.”
The document further highlights that: “If your titanium Apple Card comes into contact with hard surfaces or materials, it’s possible that the coating can be damaged.”
Apple then provides these steps to cleaning Apple Card if it comes in contact with lesser cards or contaminants:
- Gently wipe with a soft, slightly damp, lint-free microfiber cloth.
- Moisten a soft, microfiber cloth with isopropyl alcohol and gently wipe the card.
Apple goes further to say that they recommend Apple Card not come in contact with denim pockets or leather wallets. “Some fabrics, like leather and denim, might cause permanent discoloration that will not wash off,” says Apple.
Apple also clearly states that using window or household cleaners, compressed air, aerosol sprays, solvents, ammonia, or abrasives to clean your titanium Apple Card may damage it.
Apple also provides steps on how to properly carry Apple Card:
- Store your titanium Apple Card in a wallet, pocket, or bag made of soft materials.
- Place your card in a slot in your wallet or billfold without touching another credit card. If two credit cards are placed in the same slot your card could become scratched.
- Don’t place or store your titanium Apple Card card near magnets. If your card is placed close to a magnetic latch on a purse or bag, the magnetic strip can become demagnetized.
- Don’t place your titanium Apple Card in a pocket or bag that contains loose change, keys, or other potentially abrasive objects.
What are your thoughts about Apple providing steps on how to maintain a credit card? Did you receive an Apple Card, what are your thoughts on it? Chime in below.