If you recently purchased the Wireless Charging Case for your AirPods, and need to figure out how to pair it with your AirPods, look no further as a list has been compiled showing you exactly how to do it.
With the new AirPods, it comes with an H1 chip and an option for a wireless charging case. But, Apple offers a standalone version of the wireless charging case for $79 for your existing AirPods (1st generation). The process is the same as when you receive your replacement AirPod or AirPods charging case.
- Put your existing AirPods in your new charging case and close the lid. Make sure the charging case is fully charged, or else you can’t do this method!
- Open the lid of your new AirPods charging case and check the light. The light should flash in a red color.
- On the back of your AirPods case, press and hold the setup button for 5 seconds. The light should change from red to white. If it doesn’t change and it’s still red, connect your AirPods to power, close the lid, and let it charge for 10 minutes.
- Now it’s the time to grab out your iPhone and unlock it. Unlock your iPhone, and press the home button to get to the home screen.
- Open the case of your AirPods in the new charging case, and hold it near to your iPhone. A setup prompt should appear on your iPhone.
- Tap the “Connect” button, and voila! Your iPhone is connected to your new AirPods! Now you can finally use it!
Therefore, the pairing process for replacement AirPods and AirPods wireless charging cases are not difficult at all. This process only takes 10-15 minutes and you only need your old AirPods, new AirPods case and your iPhone. Deserve yourself a pat on the back if you did it right!