Coming in at a mere 70 MB, along with the rest of some of the most recent betas, could this and the lack of major fixes signal we’re nearing the final release of iOS 12?
With a build number of 16A5365b on the iPhone 7+, the update brought minor changes and bug fixes. The “b” at the end may indicate that this is the final iOS 12 beta. iOS 12 only has 1 more beta currently than iOS 11 had in the duration of its testing, yet it feels lightyears more stable and fluid than iOS 11 ever did.
All of the changes were under the hood and wouldn’t be of concern for a common user. However, for those interested, changes include: support for quantized models, support for flexible image sizes and multi-array shapes, batch prediction API, support for custom models, and support for Create ML models.
With the Apple iPhone event rumored to be taking place September 12th, this may just be one of the last betas, if not the last!
However, we hope it’s not as some users are still experiencing debilitating bugs.
Some bugs include:
- Voice Memos: voice memos disappeared updating to developer beta 11 from beta 10
- App Store: While signed in with a production account and testing with a sandbox account, attempting to fetch a new valid receipt displays a sign-in prompt for the production account with no option for switching to the sandbox account
- Screen Time: The start and stop times for Downtime might change unexpectedly if they were configured prior to installing iOS 12 beta 11
- FIX- Simply reconfigure downtimes.
- HomeKit: Inviting iOS 11 users who have multiple email addresses associated with their Apple ID to a home might not succeed
- Apple Pay: Apple Pay and wallet may become unavailable for some users.
- Unwarranted resprings occured for some users. Restoring did not fix the issue.
- Downgrading to iOS 11.4.1 may reset Notification settings and may cause blank app icons.
- If you experience Setting crashes, it may be due to removal of stock apps.
- Third Party Battery apps may no longer work as intended due to removal of Battery API in iOS 12.
Unfortunately in Developer beta 7, group Facetime was removed. However, Apple says it will be implemented in a later release of iOS 12.
Images via –
Featured Image – Gadget Hacks
Screenshot – Elizabeth Sardes